You aren’t going crazy. Starbucks has removed the option to add a Starbucks Card to Apple Wallet, after first adding support for Apple Wallet — which was at the time known as Apple Passbook — back in October 2012. But just because Starbucks doesn’t offer the integration anymore, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Here’s how to add a Starbucks Card to Apple Wallet, and the new-found limitations that come with it.
Back when Starbucks supported Apple Wallet natively, reward balances were visible next to the barcode, so you could see how close you were to a free coffee in an instant similar to what you find when you add a Tesco Clubcard to Apple Wallet. But, because this workaround doesn’t leverage the Starbucks application, this is no longer supported and balances aren’t shown — like the Costa Card in Apple Wallet.
- Apple iPhone
- Stocard Application
- Download Stocard from the Apple App Store.
- Tap the + icon in the upper-right corner of the Cards screen.
- Search for 'Starbucks' and select it from the list.
- Either scan the barcode on your Starbucks card or enter the code.
- Your card will now be digitized and will be shown on the screen -- click the three dots in the top-right corner
- Select 'Add to Apple Wallet' from the list of options, followed by 'Add'.